Database Architect Specialist (Engineer) - London
Hentsū is seeking a Database Architect Specialist, who will be responsible for building the architecture and projects in the Hentsū Data Sciences team. The Data Sciences team develops and supports hedge fund clients with their databases, work with extremely large data sets and help feed data into quantitative and machine learning workloads.
- Design and deploy Databases in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, as well as internal databases
- Work on requirements from clients on how to optimize and architect databases based on regular queries on alternative data sources and Time series e.g. market data.
- Assist with technical design during sales engagements, scope out solutions, explain complex data issues on how to architect and optimize their database.
- Hands on in building and deploying databases and schema management
- Provide hand-over to professional services for implementation and operations for ongoing support of client database solution
- BSc, or ideally MSc in finance, physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or related field
- Good practical database experience across diverse databases e.g. Postgres, Mongo, Microsoft SQL Server and Timeseries databases.
- Experience building in designing and optimizing databases based on query’s
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, including database design deployment
- Python development experience
- Strong communication and database presentation skills.
Great if you also have:
- Java, C++, Q, R or Matlab development experience
- JIRA and Git experience
- Strong interest and experience with large, highly accessed databases and data warehouses
- Hands-on experience with one or more of Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in custom or structured ETL design, implementation and maintenance
Having a pleasant work environment helps you function at your best - our office is located in London Moorgate, in the heart of the City.
From an in-office beer and wine fridge, to staff socials and training opportunities, and private health insurance, working at Hentsu comes with a whole host of benefits in addition to our competitive pay.
We believe in lifelong learning - at Hentsu we offer on the job and soft skills training, and extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
We support our employees as they gain skills in they will need to succeed and excel professionally.
Recruitment Agencies Policy
Hentsu request that recruitment agencies do not forward CV’s speculatively or in relation to any of the roles advertised on our website. Should we require any recruitment agencies involvement we will contact the agencies listed on our preferred suppliers list.
Hentsu will not recognise submissions of unsolicited or speculative CV applications from recruitment agencies. We also won’t be liable for any fee / commission should we employ a candidate that applied to us directly or through an instructed agency that may also have been submitted as an unsolicited or speculative application from an uninstructed recruitment agency.
Should a recruitment agency submit an unsolicited or speculative CV and then purports to render a claim for commission supported by correspondence and/or documentation containing a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy prevails.