Technical Project Manager- New York
Hentsu is seeking a versatile, proactive technology project manager, who enjoys working with leading edge technologies across highly visible global projects and clients. The technology is a mix of Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform deployments, covering corporate platforms, trading environments, big data, research and AI.
- Work on exciting cutting edge technology projects.
- Work with agile, talented, enthusiastic, vibrant teams.
- Influence the establishment of Agile best practices and new ways of working for project's delivery.
- Have exposure to the fastest and the sharpest minds in trading and asset management who are embracing new technologies.
- Have access to training and coaching to support your growing ambition.
- Track a number of internal and client facing projects, from several weeks to several months in duration.
- Help the architects scope out, define and deliver work timelines, manage project objectives, tasks and deliverables.
- Full lifecycle project management from initiation to closure including: project and resource planning, running Scrum ceremonies, management of project and sprint backlogs, reporting, project controls, project change management, budget tracking.
- Daily/weekly communications with internal and client stakeholders, escalation of any issues or barriers to delivery lead
- Hands-on client relationship management and preparation of documents to inform the architecture designs and proposals.
- 5+ years experience as Project Manager successfully driving and implementing IT project lifecycle from idea through to operational support.
- 3+ years experience of using Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with experience of working productively and appropriately with internal senior level stakeholders in large complex Financial Institutions. (Essential)
- Attention to detail with focus on accuracy results to challenging timescales (Essential)
- Organised, proactive and dependable. (Essential)
- Able to take personal responsibility for delivering accurate results to challenging timescales. (Essential)
- Proven experience of Agile/Scrum and Waterfall project delivery
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Demonstrable ability to work with and influence at all levels including board executive level
- Ability to work in diverse and virtual teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project).
Great if you also have:
- Any knowledge or experience of cloud services: O365, AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with other collaboration tools from the Atlassian suite.
- Hedge fund experience or trading systems
We believe in lifelong learning - at Hentsu we offer on the job and soft skills training, and extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
We support our employees as they gain skills in they will need to succeed succeed and excel professionally.
Recruitment Agencies Policy
Hentsu request that recruitment agencies do not forward CV’s speculatively or in relation to any of the roles advertised on our website. Should we require any recruitment agencies involvement we will contact the agencies listed on our preferred suppliers list.
Hentsu will not recognise submissions of unsolicited or speculative CV applications from recruitment agencies. We also won’t be liable for any fee / commission should we employ a candidate that applied to us directly or through an instructed agency that may also have been submitted as an unsolicited or speculative application from an uninstructed recruitment agency.
Should a recruitment agency submit an unsolicited or speculative CV and then purports to render a claim for commission supported by correspondence and/or documentation containing a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy prevails.