Support Engineer - New York
Hentsū redefines the way that hedge fund technology is delivered. We are asset management technologists, and we provide a fully managed cloud platform for hedge funds, with on-demand trading, research and corporate technology, as well as connectivity to market data providers, brokers, and exchanges.
This position is for a versatile, proactive technologist, who enjoys fixing things, as well as helping design and deploy a varied mix of projects.
- Provide support across both UK and US clients
- Manage support tickets within SLAs, escalation internally or with third parties, and daily reporting
- Monitor trading systems and infrastructure for our hedge fund clients, from our Midtown office
- Strive to improve day to day operations to reduce support to zero
- Operate client environments as well as our infrastructure
- Develop and implement automation tools
- Participate in on-call weekend and public holiday rotation and support cover, including remote support
- Participate in a two-week support rotation at a client site
You will have:
- Experience working in a 1st or 2nd line role supporting Windows based servers, desktops, Active Directory environment and applications
- Experience monitoring and supporting complex environments, in client facing roles and stringent SLAs
- Basic understanding of IP networking such as addressing, TCP/IP, subnets, VLANs, and routing
- Basic support of switches, routers, WAN, firewalls and proxies
- Experience working with support ticketing systems, documenting issues and resolutions
- The ability to work independently and multitask in a high paced environment, effectively and efficiently
- A customer focus, with outstanding customer service and communications skills
- Collaboration and development tools, such as Atlassian suite, version control systems like Git
Great if you also have:
- Azure, Office 365, AWS experience
- VDI experience, PCoIP, Citrix, thin clients
- GPOs, DFS and Powershell
- Application packaging and patch management
- Experience with scripting (Python), and configuration automation (Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, etc.)
- Security tools
- SQL experience
- Mac/Linux exposure
- Some financial services, or trading exposure
Having a pleasant work environment helps you function at your best - our office is located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, where we share vibrant office space with hundreds of New York startups.
From free Taco Tuesday events to weekly Happy Hours, beer and coffee on tap to a wide range of employee discounts, working at Hentsu comes with a whole host of benefits in addition to our competitive pay and robust healthcare package.
We believe in lifelong learning - at Hentsu we offer on the job technical and soft skills training, and extensive opportunities for personal and professional development.
We support our employees as they gain skills in the very latest technologies and achieve valuable industry certifications with our partners such as Google, Amazon Web Services and Azure.
Recruitment Agencies Policy
Hentsu request that recruitment agencies do not forward CV’s speculatively or in relation to any of the roles advertised on our website. Should we require any recruitment agencies involvement we will contact the agencies listed on our preferred suppliers list.
Hentsu will not recognise submissions of unsolicited or speculative CV applications from recruitment agencies. We also won’t be liable for any fee / commission should we employ a candidate that applied to us directly or through an instructed agency that may also have been submitted as an unsolicited or speculative application from an uninstructed recruitment agency.
Should a recruitment agency submit an unsolicited or speculative CV and then purports to render a claim for commission supported by correspondence and/or documentation containing a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy prevails.